Submission Policy





Mel BrakE Press acquires first serial rights to all work published. Mel BrakE Press also reserves the right to electronically archive any content published.




All other rights revert to author upon publication.



Mel BrakE Press has a liberal submission policy, and will accept poetry manuscripts (not books) for its next publication cycle, the Spring of 2018.



We do not charge a reading fee. We DO NOT PAY TO PUBLISH YOUR WORK.



We only accept submissions via email for collection of poems. Please send no more than 3-5 pages of poetry as an email attachment using standard MS format. We do not accept epic manuscripts:10 pages or more will be rejected.



Please note in subject line: "Submission".

Manuscripts that do not follow our guidelines
will be subject to rejection. We do not publish books.



Direct submissions or questions to:

Melbrake@verizon.net



Thank you











Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Allegory of Man and Love:
We are the Water
By: Angel Luis Padilla

Water, in us,
In nature,
In our emotions,
With relativity to the mind and spirituality,
With the split decision to flow,
Or to crash.
How must we take this poem?
For to fully understand it, we must be one
With the flow of its magic.
Follow this water into the point
Where insanity becomes sane.
It is our love for such things in earth,
And these are my reasons to love you,
Whether you stand ten feet or ten miles
In distance,
We are connected by that common tear drop,
Which mimics the connectedness of the earth’s seven seas.
You truly portray the beauty of innocence
You’re perfect to me
You bring me joy
Hope
Courage
Love
I feel comfortable with you at all times
I can tell you anything, and do anything with you
I’ve told you my hardships
My life circumstances
I’ve expressed myself to you in the purest form of love; my tears,
I’ve done everything I could’ve possibly done to make myself apart of you
To make myself feel free with a person:
YOU.
Everything about you sets me free into a world resembling the kingdom above
Our love is the mere image of gracious tides of an endless ocean,
What is inside us, not just water, but our love,
Which flows through our veins.
It is the tranquility of the mind,
Which takes all shapes or form,
Which sets peace over the horizon sun,
Which sets us stranded into the deep seas,
For together we are our own boat,
To set sail for an endless journey of divine fortitudes.
We flow over, around and through our obstacles,
We are the water,
We are the peace,
We are the twelve gallons of abundant happiness.
We are the water my love,
You and I,
We are the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment