Submission Policy





Mel BrakE Press acquires first serial rights to all work published. Mel BrakE Press also reserves the right to electronically archive any content published.




All other rights revert to author upon publication.



Mel BrakE Press has a liberal submission policy, and will accept poetry manuscripts (not books) for its next publication cycle, the Spring of 2018.



We do not charge a reading fee. We DO NOT PAY TO PUBLISH YOUR WORK.



We only accept submissions via email for collection of poems. Please send no more than 3-5 pages of poetry as an email attachment using standard MS format. We do not accept epic manuscripts:10 pages or more will be rejected.



Please note in subject line: "Submission".

Manuscripts that do not follow our guidelines
will be subject to rejection. We do not publish books.



Direct submissions or questions to:

Melbrake@verizon.net



Thank you











Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Poetry of G. David Schwartz

Mel BrakE Press is very pleased to published the poetry of G. David Schwartz.

G. David Schwartz - the former president of Seedhouse, the online interfaith committee. Schwartz is the author of A Jewish Appraisal of Dialogue, and coauthor, with Jacqueline Winston, of Parables In Black and White. Currently a volunteer at Drake Hospital in Cincinnati, Schwartz continues to write. His new book, Midrash and Working Out Of The Book is now in stores or can be ordered.
Check out my book on Midrash:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/1418489565/104-8454011-6722310?n=28315


The Poetry of G. David Schwartz

Every Time I See A Blond

Every time I see a blond
I recall that you are gone
And each time I think of you
I am wondering what you do
Helen Hunt just to name
A single pretty one who I knew the name
She was in a T V show
Which I hoped would continue on
But exactly like that show
Things just cease to be
And as the elephant toppled down
Things will always turn green

Please Release My Wife

The evening news
Calls out blues
As my teeth chatter
Asking what’s’ the matter
I’ll cut the dawn
Release the song
And sing the blurs
With Sonny Albacores
Then as I realize
I do not see your eyes
The most delicious part of you
I’ll just shout out
Loud as I do pout

I Remember The Day

I remember the day
That you went away
When you went over the wall
I remember the look
With which you threw out
Witch seemed to make my heart stall
It was I recall
A sunny day and all
But my tears fell freely and dark
I remember the day
That you went away
A day which pieced at my heart
I recall there was a very tall tree
With bark and branch and all
I remember quite clear
As you were out here
And I was so deep in love with you
I never forgot it
I remember it all
Out along the back yard wall
I peered over the fence
And then as a coincidence
You were staring out at me
And I’m sorry to say
That on that day
I felt my heart fall away
And up until now
I didn’t know anyhow
How I’d get you to play
You know none of this is true
But I just had to tell you
Because as love is a charm
I really wish to be in your arms

No comments:

Post a Comment